To apply for an IDP from Finland, follow these simple steps:
1. Click the button below to go to the website of the national IDP provider
2. Follow the instructions of your national association
Finland International Driving Permits (1949, 1968)
How to Get an International Driving Permit in Finland?
An International Driving Permit is a translation of your national driving license. The IDP allows motorists to drive vehicles in foreign countries. While driving abroad, you must always have your IDP along with your national license at all times. To get an International Driving Permit in the Finland, visit Autoliitto.
- Contact details
|Branch name||Phone number|
|Autoliitto Helsinki office||+358972584400|
- Information about an IDP in (your country)
(Finland) signed (1926, 1949 and 1968 number of conventions) United Nations conventions, and it is a legal requirement for visitors to have a valid International Driving Permit (IDP) in order to rent a car and legally drive in (Finland). All visitors who plan to drive in (Finland) must make sure they obtain an IDP in their home country or country of residence before they travel.
The IDP, which is valid for 1 year, proves that you hold a valid driver’s license in your country of residence. It will also help protect you and your family in the event of an accidental and/or vehicle damage while driving abroad, or the loss of legal identification such as a passport. The IDP is recognized all over the world and is available in 10 different languages in order to help overcome language barriers.
Similarly, (Finland) nationals and residents who wish to drive abroad, need to apply for an IDP via the (Autoliitto).
Apply online or to find out about our office locations across the country.
All you need to do is fill out an application form, submit a photo and copies of the following valid documents:
– Hence in Finland you can be granted an international driving permit if
- you are aged 18 or over
- you have a valid driving licence issued in Finland or another EU or EEC State
- you are permanently resident in Finland or
- you have a Finnish driving licence and are permanently resident in a country outside the EU or EEC.