Information About the International Driving Permit in Saudi Arabia:
This document (International Driving Permit) which is issued to the holder of a domestic driving permit shall not be valid for use in the country of residence of the holder.
The accession of Saudi Arabia to the Convention on Road Traffic of Vienna, 1968 entitles Saudi citizens and residents the right to driving in the territories of contracting parties after obtaining international driving permit from the Saudi Automobile & Touring Association (SATA), which enjoys membership of the Federation Internationale De L’Automobile (FIA) since 1982 or from the Saudi Automobile Federation (SAF).
Requirements for Obtaining International Driving Permit:
- Complete application form
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of the applicant’s valid Saudi Driving Permit
- 2 photos of the applicant
(International Driving Permit shall be issued according to category and type of the Saudi Driving License).
How to Get an International Driving Permit in Saudi Arabia?
An International Driving Permit is a translation of your national driving license. The IDP allows motorists to drive vehicles in foreign countries. You must always have your IDP along with your national license at all times. To get an International Driving Permit in Saudi Arabia, you can visit the following club websites:
Saudi Automobile & Touring Association (SATA)
- Saudi Automobile & Touring Association (SATA)
Al-Ahsa Street, Sasco Building
B.O. Box: 51880 Riyadh 11553, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Website: www.sataclub.com.sa/sata/arabic/international-driving-license
- Tel: +966 11 4763131 , Phone Ext: 8110, 8106, 8103
- Toll Free: 8001241002
- Mobile: +966 593864143, +966 593944467
- Fax: +966 11 4762424
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saudi Automobile Federation (SAF)
- You can also contact any of our office branches for further information.
- Website : www.saf.com.sa
- Phone: Call +966 13 8322187
- Mobile : Call +966 505921399